Controlling Viessmann Vitopend 100D boiler with Netatmo

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
kubarom

Controlling Viessmann Vitopend 100D boiler with Netatmo

Post by kubarom »

Hello
I have house with 3 levels ( ~120m^2 in total , m^2 per floor) which is heated with Viessmann Vitopedn 100D heating boiler. Currently I have wireless thermostat from Salus and
I would like to replace that setup with netatmo by installing some inteligent valves on my heaters in some key rooms
My question is do I need to buy Thermostat for each key room ( so 5 thermostats ) or is it possible to just controll temperature with valves only and 1 thermostat installed at groud level?
Starter pack includes thermostat ( which will be installed at the groud lvl ) relay which I will connect to boiler , and some valves . I will probably buy extra valves to cover remaining rooms

So in general if I set temperature globaly to 24 , downstairs it will reach that temperature but attic still has 22 , will thermostat shut down heating or continue to heat untill all valves are closed with proper temperature ?
And other way around , if temperature is 24 downstairs, but is below that on attic ( for ex. 21 ) will netatmo trigger my boiler to start heating and open valves at the attic ?
Is that possible or I need thermostat for each room ?
Attachments
schemat.png
schemat.png (20.38 KiB) Viewed 221 times
GEORGzer

Re: Controlling Viessmann Vitopend 100D boiler with Netatmo

Post by GEORGzer »

You won‘t need a Thermostat in every room but it is recommended to mount Valves on every radiator, even the one in the same room as the Thermostat.

When set up correctly, every Valve will be able to „request“ heat from the boiler. The Thermostat in the same Room as a Valve will act as a central control for that room.
But it is required because you need the Relais that comes with the Thermostat to control the boiler.

The Relais that comes with the Valve Starter Pack (2 Valves, 1 Relais) is not capable of controlling a boiler and can’t be wired to one.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee

Return to “General questions”