True temperature not working

simonspt

True temperature not working

Post by simonspt »

Hello!
I have 5 smart valves (firmware v85) and a relay (firmware v222).
Yesterday we powered up the heating and the valves were showing incorrect readings. I used true temperature to adjust the values, as I did last year, but this time no valve seems to accept my new value.
Today, every valve was reading out of range values (like 257 degrees C or 9 degrees or even 81 degrees) but in every room I measured 17 degrees C with another thermometer.

I tried pulling out the batteries for a few minutes and disconnecting the relay, but everything now is shown temperatures way below the real ones.

The true temperature feature is not working anymore.

Any advice?
Please help.
Drive81

Re: True temperature not working

Post by Drive81 »

Same issue, but only on one of my 6 valves

Any others?
gmaniac

Post by gmaniac »

Yep. On two of them. I deleted one, added it again and now it is saying that I can't edit true temperature since my firmware is outdated. But it's on 85 - as all other valves.

I am really tired of all this Netatmo crap.

I think I'm gonna sell all of my in- and outdoor cameras (8), tags (7), valves (9), smoke alarms (9), doorbell (1) and buy from different vendors. Getting out of the Netatmo hell as fast as I can.
camusshaka

Post by camusshaka »

Hi, I too have noticed for a couple of days now that true temperature is no longer working, and I also noticed that the valve thermostat can no longer pick up the temperature correctly, I think it's due to some firmware update that has broken everything. Valve firmware 85, relay firmware 222. Valves not working 4 of 4. Is there any way to contact service to point out that the valves are no longer working properly? I have tried resetting the relay and also uninstalling the Energy app and taking the batteries out of the valves for hours but nothing has been resolved.
simonspt

Post by simonspt »

Hello, I've sent many emails to netatmo support, no replies so far. Today seems that the true temperature is functioning properly, although temperature readings are still not correct (e.g. True temperature set to 18C, after a couple of minutes it drops to 14C)
I have three other external thermometers. Each of them reading around 18/18.5C so there is something with sensor calibration on the smart valve
camusshaka

Post by camusshaka »

Hello it still doesn't work for me, the firmware versions I have are Relay 222 - Valves 85.
simonspt

Post by simonspt »

Maybe there is something with their servers, but seems that nobody reads this forum or reply to support tickets. Netatmo support service is crap
gmaniac

Post by gmaniac »

Contact them via Facebook-Messenger. I did and got response. Interesting fact: Yesterday they announced 89 firmware here. Today it's gone.
gmaniac

Post by gmaniac »

I am trying to put more pressure on them.

https://www.what-a-crap.com/
Drive81

Post by Drive81 »

Read the post: same for me. Look at the screenshot, stellar nuclear fusion temperature in my bedroom, 15 degrees as threshold and heating is on!

I’m going to sent all back and switch to Aqara, less smarter? Less dumb and cheaper
Attachments
2653294C-7052-4B3C-8E76-74B5A4A38D14.jpeg
2653294C-7052-4B3C-8E76-74B5A4A38D14.jpeg (213.26 KiB) Viewed 921 times

Return to “General questions”