Relay stopped working and seems its rebooting all the time

jmartrat@yahoo.es

Relay stopped working and seems its rebooting all the time

Post by jmartrat@yahoo.es »

Hi,
Is there any way to "reset" the relay?

I have a boiler SAUNIER DUVAL THEMA CONDENS 26MI (modulating) and netatmo Smart Modulating Termostat connected via wireless to rele, and rele connected via wires to the boiler. all wires connected by the official boiler installer, and working fine. Additionally 12 Valves in each of the radiators of the house.
I managed to configure from the Legrand mobile app (Control) the relay, modulating thermostat and the valves in each room. (Android device)
For 2 days everyting worked fine: I was able to control thermostat and individual valves via App and also trigger the boiler manually using the Manual Boost function of the valves.
the 3rd day the relé lost connectivity .
I troubleshoot following all suggestions from netamo web without positive result.
The problem seems to be in the relay:
when trying to reconnect to the thermostat using the mobile App (Control), when pressing the button underneath the relay the relay should blink green constantly, but it does not, and the mobile App cannot complete the wifi setup. (error 3.3.8 - It cannot find any device)). It just blink 4-5 times, makes the "click" (swith on/off the relay), stops blinking and after 20 sec starts blinking again, makes the "click" ... and keeps this routine forever, unless I disconnect it from whe boiler adaptaer. It seems as it its "rebooting" the relay all the time
Of course all suggestions (reboot router, switch on/off boiler, check wires,etc....don't solve the problem.
Morover, I unplugged the relay from the boiler adapted, connected vis USB cable to my computer, and the pattern described above is the same: the 4-5 blinks, "click", stop blinking and again and again...
On my view sems that the relay electronic is not working...
Any suggestion?
GEORGzer

Re: Relay stopped working and seems its rebooting all the time

Post by GEORGzer »

Wiring seems fine.
Looks like the Relais-Hardware may be defective.
If you‘re still in the warranty period, you should contact your reseller for a replacement.
If not, you could try to contact Netatmo through the helpcenter: https://helpcenter.netatmo.com

I think it‘s odd that your Relais has a blue LED, but is Homekit compatible 🧐
To my knowledge only the first gen. had a blue LED and the second gen. with Homekit had a white one. But I‘ll check back with Netatmo on that.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
sergeantd83

Post by sergeantd83 »

This is the Modulating Thermostat ( green light ) stacked in the 3-minutes OpenTherm detection phase. This behavior is surely odd. You can try to hard reset the relay by pressing for 15-20 the button. If this behavior will occur again you surely need to address to your reseller.

Edit: Another explanation is that for any reason the thermostat performs OpenTherm handshake and after a few seconds it is interrupted and as a result the relay starts again the 3-minutes OpenTherm detection phase.
Last edited by sergeantd83 on 27 Nov 2022, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

sergeantd83 wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 14:04 This is the Modulating Thermostat ( green light )
Look at that, I did not know the Modulating Thermostat had a green light.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
sergeantd83

Post by sergeantd83 »

It has the same design with different Led color.

Return to “Thermostat Network Set-up”