Nouvelle fonctionnalité api

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
Apages

Nouvelle fonctionnalité api

Post by Apages »

Bonjour

Serait-il possible de rajouter l’activation et l’arrêt de la sirène sur la caméra au travers de l’api?

Cette fonctionnalité existe depuis l’application mais si elle était disponible au travers de l’api cela permettrais de jouer des scenarii aux travers d’une box Domotique

Merci par avance pour votre retour
Cordialement
Leslie

Re: Nouvelle fonctionnalité api

Post by Leslie »

Hello,

For security reasons we didn't want to allow remote activation/deactivation of security devices via third-party calls
But I forward your request to the teams

Have a good day,
Leslie - Community Manager
Apages

Post by Apages »

Hello Leslie

this functionality is possible from the application, so it is possible to do it securely through the api?

it would be good if at least the activation of the siren is possible, not the deactivation
this would allow it to be triggered for an event other than the detection of the camera, even if it means stopping it through the application

it would also be interesting to be able to start the siren with a timer (example 30s) and then stop on its own

Best regards
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

Hi again,

Security designers at Netatmo are against letting third-party access the activation/deactivation of cameras and security devices. The goal is to avoid - as far as possible - malicious intents
Concerning siren deactivation, the same logic applies
For activation and timer (available via the Home + Security app) I'll forward the idea to the teams

Have a good day,
Leslie - Community Manager
Apages

Post by Apages »

hello leslie,

I don't understand the comment. Currently, it is possible to enable or disable camera monitoring via the API. This is practical, for example, when you leave your house by activating an alarm, which automatically activates monitoring. I therefore do not see why it would be less safe to trigger (and only this action, since the stop could be done from the security application) the siren during off-camera detection, such as an opening or motion detector third-party

Best regards

Return to “Netatmo API”