Rechargable Accu Experience

righter

Rechargable Accu Experience

Post by righter »

Hi

Just want to share my Experience:
Netatmo does not recommend to use Accus. For me that's stupid I dont want to throw away several batteries per year

NiMH:
These accus are working very well for the most devices. But not for these ones
They are operating between 1.4-1.2 Volt, so the app says it is empty after some days

NiZn:
These accus are having higher voltage as NiMh so you don't have the problem with the low battery warning.
I made the best experience with them but there is one problem.
You have to replace them as soon as you get the "battery low warning". If the accu gets uncharged under a very low voltage, the will be defect.
I have to sort a lot of them out now.
A strange issue I have with these one: When the app says the battery is low. One has a high Voltage and the other one is low. It seems to drain only one accu...

LiPo:
I just ordered some of them. They operate always at 1.5V Level. The problem is they will stop working suddenly.
Also the measurement of the battery level is not really good. I inserted it with 1.54 V and at 1.52V, the app reported it is empty (not low)

I also don't get it at which Voltage level the app reports if its low or completely empty.

Maybe someone else could also share their experience
mhaga

Re: Rechargable Accu Experience

Post by mhaga »

Hi,
Search through the forum for this topic.
Been up several times over many years.

I did not bother to use rechargeable, as good lithium-iron batteries lasts for more than 2 years with my usage and my conditions.
Some have gotten good results with rechargeable. Others, also the same experience as you have.

Good luck & BR
/mhaga
righter

Re: Rechargable Accu Experience

Post by righter »

After several months I got a response from the Support. They have improved the battery status regarding voltage level or whatever.
I thinks it is running much better since then:

my question was to the support in german:
Ich nehem an, dass der Batteriestatus des Ventils anhand der Spannung gemessen wird.
Was ist da der Threshold wo es meldet, dass die Batterien bald verbraucht sind?
Ich entnehme teils Batterien die noch jeweils 1.7V Spannung haben und ersetze diese mit 1.5V und dann zeigt es mir diese wieder als voll an.

answer was:
The situation you described should to be solved with the last version of the Valve's Firmware, v97. Can you confirm that batteries' situation is solved?

Return to “General questions”