Heating curve

gorano

Heating curve

Post by gorano »

Hello,
what value are you people using for heating curve? Default value is 2.6, but according to this graph https://tech-controllers.com/blog/heati ... -to-set-it it is extremally high value. With this value, boiler is working as on-off boiler, not modulating at all and flow temperature was around 80 degrees C.

I was lowering it bit by bit and now I have 1.4. It looks that with this value modulation works fine. For outdoor temperature of 8 degrees, flow temperature is between 55 and 60 and indoor temperature is between 20.9 and 21.1.

I wander why Netatmo defined default value of 2.6?!

Thanks.
sergeantd83

Re: Heating curve

Post by sergeantd83 »

Nice finding, I don’t know why Netatmo uses such a high heat curve but for me it is horribly wrong. Most homes need 0.6 - 1.1 heat curve values, according to my calculations. Finding a heat curve is a trial and learn procedure. If I were you I would had started with a low value, like 0.6, and slowly raise the heat curve until my current temperature would stabilize at setpoint. If you try this method you will surely save about 45% of gas than a traditional ON/OFF thermostat. If you need any help don’t hesitate to ask.
gorano

Post by gorano »

Sergeantd83,
are you using Hysteresis algorithm or Advanced? What are your experiences? I tried switching to Advanced, but my boiler never actually started to heat, it only started a pump and cold water was circulating thru radiators. So I reverted back to Hysteresis.

Any ideas?
jvmartinmo@gmail.com

Post by jvmartinmo@gmail.com »

This thermostat commands boiler temps according to heating curve and outside temp. Then adjust heating curve accordingly. In my cae I set 1.7 which commands a boiler temp of 52°C. These days the range temp is 1-11°C which, with water temp of 52°C, I’m getting a water return below of dew point so I getting a good performance with my condensating boiler.

Hope this helps
Javier
vicentiu

Post by vicentiu »

Gorano, sergeantd83, jvmartinmo,

Are you able to set the heating curve?
It stopped working for me about one week ago. The Confirm button doesn't work when I try to modify the heating curve.
gorano

Post by gorano »

Hi vicentiu,
yes, now I see that Confirm button does not work. But, I already have heating curve of 1.4 and I am happy with it, no need to change it.
vicentiu

Post by vicentiu »

Thanks for replying. Just wanted to confirm this is a widespread issue.
jvmartinmo@gmail.com

It does work for me
jvmartinmo@gmail.com

Sorry it doesn’ work for me
gorano

Post by gorano »

And even more ... it looks that thermostat is ignoring heating curve ... flow temperature is above 70 degrees C... and outside temperature is 11 degrees ... no reason for such a high flow temperature ...

Return to “General Questions”