Heating curve

gorano

Re: Heating curve

Post by gorano »

I wander ... how does exactly Netatmo thermostat know outdoor temperature? Does it uses Internet as a source? Or it uses also Netatmo Weather Station if it exists?
Le-Steph

Post by Le-Steph »

I think it's the same with mine. I have settled my heating curve to 1,1 and when it was colde outside, my boiler was working all the time, and it was very good.
Now since a few days, it's less cold outside. And instead of decrease the temperature, the thermostat put the boiler on less, with the same temperature, that's mean temperature inside my house is less regular.
I really expect it's a bug, because it's not the working I was looking for !
Thermostat modulant - version logicielle interne 6
Relais - version logicielle 22
3 vannes - version logicielle 89 - priorité ECO

Station météo V4 version logicielle interne 200
Module extérieur version logicielle interne 52
vicentiu

Post by vicentiu »

Can everyone try to find the diagnostics menu of their boiler to see what flow temperature the thermostat is commanding for various outside temperatures.
It would be good to have data from multiple sources.
If my boiler shows this information, I expect others would also.
Le-Steph

Post by Le-Steph »

It's simple. The flow temperature is always the same : 50° to increase two degrees from night to day, 45° to maintain day temperature, if it's 10° degrees outside or -5°.

Le-Steph

Post by Le-Steph »

How strange it is ... Today, the boiler temperature was lower. The morning, between two and three degrees less. In the afternoon, it falled at only 32° :shock: Not enough to maintain my 21°, falling to 20,6°. A few hours later, the boiler grown up to 47° to reach 21° in the house, and then return to 32°. Very very strange :geek:

vicentiu

Post by vicentiu »

Today, I observed different values. Outside temperature was -1 degrees.
0.3 - 21
0.4 - 22
0.5 - 24
0.6 - 27
0.7 - 30
0.8 - 33
0.9 - 36
1 - 39
1.5 - 53
2 - 66

I added the blue dots on the chart
Attachments
curve 3.PNG
curve 3.PNG (650.17 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
Le-Steph

Post by Le-Steph »

Le-Steph wrote: 05 Feb 2023, 02:47 How strange it is ... Today, the boiler temperature was lower. The morning, between two and three degrees less. In the afternoon, it falled at only 32° :shock: Not enough to maintain my 21°, falling to 20,6°. A few hours later, the boiler grown up to 47° to reach 21° in the house, and then return to 32°. Very very strange :geek:
From my part, I think this day was the day where my thermostat calculated its optimisation (every two weeks if I well understand). I had to upgrade my heating curve from 1,1 to 1,2 because it was too low.
Today, outside temperature is really different between night and day. And It seems that boiler temperature is changing as well. Let see the next days how it works.

vicentiu

Post by vicentiu »

We can't possibly set the heat curve properly if we don't understand how it works.
I need 28-31 degrees flow temp. and since the values were always constant for me 28 at 0.3 and 31 at 0.4, I was ok with that.
But yesterday it jumped to 22 at 0.3 so the boiler never turned on the flame and the home didn't warm up.

Until we have more details about how the algorithm and the heat curve work, I'm going to resort to a fixed temperature by setting a high heat curve and limit the max flow temperature from the boiler diagnostic menu.
gorgo

Post by gorgo »

I've recently installed a Smart Modulating Thermostat with a Viessmann Vitodens 100-W.
The boiler reports the flow temperature setpoint through wifi, I have it charted. It doesn't change at all. With heating curve setting of 0.9 it was set to 38 degrees, when I set the curve to 1.0, the flow temperature is set to 40 degrees. External temperature changed between 5 and 17 degrees while I was monitoring, it doesn't seem to affect the flow temperature.

Return to “General Questions”