BTicino 2 wire -> Netatmo Smart Doorbell

hopeforfixdublin

BTicino 2 wire -> Netatmo Smart Doorbell

Post by hopeforfixdublin »

Hi all,

My house has an old BTicino system with their proporietary 2 wire running to the gate. Has anyone ever replaced such a system with a Netatmo smart doorbell? My current thinking is that I will need to (i) install an in-wall transformer, (ii) digital chime (optional) and (iii) new cabling to the gate. Wondering if anyone has figured out a better way.

Thanks!
TomiLegrandAU

Re: BTicino 2 wire -> Netatmo Smart Doorbell

Post by TomiLegrandAU »

Hi,

If you are replacing the 2 wire, do you need new cabling to the gate? I believe you can just replace the 2 wire power supply with the supply for the Netatmo doorbell and use the existing cabling (which is designed for 27V Bticino 2 wire BUS, so should handle the Netatmo doorbell supply).

Does the old 2 wire system unlock the gate? You might be stuck there...
Smart AC Controller MAC: g8b5e3e
hopeforfixdublin

Re: BTicino 2 wire -> Netatmo Smart Doorbell

Post by hopeforfixdublin »

TomiLegrandAU wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 06:44 Hi,

If you are replacing the 2 wire, do you need new cabling to the gate? I believe you can just replace the 2 wire power supply with the supply for the Netatmo doorbell and use the existing cabling (which is designed for 27V Bticino 2 wire BUS, so should handle the Netatmo doorbell supply).

Does the old 2 wire system unlock the gate? You might be stuck there...
Tommy, I missed this when you first posted it, I'm sorry. I think I follow but can I clarify your suggestion:
1) remove the 346000 unit and the ARt.346830 unit (both currently mounted below my circuit box). Links to both tech specs pasted below.
2) connect the existing input L and N to the Netatmo in wall transformer.
3) connect the wires which currently go to my gate panel to the output terminals of the Netatmo in-wall transformer.

https://catalogue.bticino.com/low_res/3 ... 1_a_EN.pdf
https://www.catalogue.bticino.com/low_r ... 252_EN.pdf

Return to “Electrical Wiring”