Low battery false positive issue

cannehal

Low battery false positive issue

Post by cannehal »

Hi,

I've sent messages twice in the last two months to Netatmo support without any help. The problem is probably known as I read here on forum. I had to attach manual valves because of this issue. I've read that there was new firmware version with a lot of fixes in the 2nd half of January. One of them is fix of low battery recognition algorithm...

Can someone from Netatmo help with sending this update to my hardware?

Relay serial: g975fac
Thermostat serial: j977400

It is really annoying. It feels like I'm being ignored by Netatmo.

Best regards
Petruskie

Re: Low battery false positive issue

Post by Petruskie »

Here the same problem. Also looking for better firmware.
4 outdoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
4 indoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
1 smart door bell
2 smart thermostats (7 valves, relay)
2 Smart weather stations with 3 indoor outdoor wind,rain module
5 smoke alarm
2 carbon monoxide
Fritz_1953

Post by Fritz_1953 »

Hallo,

ich kann mich hier nur einreihen!

Bei mir sind mehrere Netatmo-Heizkörper-Thermostate im Einsatz.

In der letzten Zeit ist mir schon mehrmals passiert, dass ein Thermostat bei schwächer werdender Batterien das Ventil öffnet und die Heizung dann volle Heizleistung powert.
Was bei längerer Abwesenheit natürlich nicht gerade sehr Energiesparend ist.
Leider klappt die Warnmeldung für zu schwache Batterien auch nicht immer zuverlässig.

Mein Vorschlag dazu ist, bei zu schwacher Batterien das Ventil auf z.B. 5 % zu öffnen, damit im Winter ein Frostschutz gewährleistet ist. Somit wird nicht zuviel Energie verbraucht.

Bei einen Ventil hatte ich das öffnen bereits 2 Wochen nach dem Batteriewechsel. Und ich nehme immer frische Marken-Batterien von Ansmann oder Duracell.
Die Batterien waren nachgemessen noch voll.

Ich habe testweise auch ein HKT von Somfy im Einsatz, welches bei schwacher Batterie einfach den letzten Zustand beibehält.
Das ist jedenfalls besser als es ganz zu öffnen.

Gruß Fritz

Hello,

I can only join in here!

I use several Netatmo radiator thermostats.

It has happened to me several times recently that when the batteries get weaker, a thermostat opens the valve and the heater then runs to full heating power.
Which is of course not very energy efficient if you're away for a long time.
Unfortunately, the warning message for low batteries does not always work reliably.

My suggestion is to open the valve to, for example, 5% if the batteries are too weak, so that frost protection is guaranteed in winter. This means that not too much energy is consumed.

I had one valve open just 2 weeks after changing the battery. And I always use fresh branded batteries from Ansmann or Duracell.
The batteries were still full when measured.

As a test, I also use an HKT from Somfy, which simply maintains the last state when the battery is weak.
In any case, that's better than opening it completely.

Greetings Fritz
Last edited by GEORGzer on 12 Nov 2023, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Translation added - bitte auch auf Englisch posten, danke!
sk3tch

Post by sk3tch »

I've got the same issue. Today I came back home and the temperature in my room was +30 :!: Radiator showed the low battery icon and was full-on working. After the restart the battery life in the app was 100%. Netatmo, we need a fix for this ASAP!

Return to “General questions”