Firmware updates

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
scottish_shopper

Firmware updates

Post by scottish_shopper »

Dear Netatmo

I'm concerned to see that even though there have been at least two firmware updates since 2021, my station is still on the firmware from before March 2021.

I appreciate the fact that firmware is gradually released, but forgive me for the following remark: you don't have that many stations to send the latest firmware to, and so 2 years is long enough to do that.

So, can I please have my weather station's firmware updated?

Thank you.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Firmware updates

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello,
I understand you frustration, but please note that these latest firmwares do not provide new features.
Moreover, the v190 introduced a bug which is now fixed by v200: that's exactly why we do not rush the deployments and apply this strategy.
So far v200 seems OK, so your Station will be updated automatically very soon.
Have a nice day!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Petruskie

Post by Petruskie »

Hi, same problem and make a call. I saw there is a new update (last week) to fix this. Hopefully we get the new firmware soon. :-)
4 outdoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
4 indoor cameras (streaming to synology nas)
1 smart door bell
2 smart thermostats (7 valves, relay)
2 Smart weather stations with 3 indoor outdoor wind,rain module
5 smoke alarm
2 carbon monoxide
RetiredSteelWorker

Post by RetiredSteelWorker »

My main module is reporting version 201. The Wind Gauge firmware is current, but the Outdoor, 3 Additional Indoor and Rain Gauge modules are still on versions listed as 22 February 2021:

From https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4499:
Main Module v200 / Outdoor v53 / Additional Indoor v53 / Rain Gauge v14 / Wind Gauge v27:

My System, 27Apr2023, original posting:
Main Module v201 / Outdoor v50 / Additional Indoor v51 / Rain Gauge v12 / Wind Gauge v27:

My System 11May2023 update:
Main Module v201 / Outdoor v50 / Additional Indoor v53 / Rain Gauge v14 / Wind Gauge v27
-Outdoor module is the only device not up to date, V50 vs. V53.

My System 31May2023 update:
Main Module v201 / Outdoor v53 / Additional Indoor v53 / Rain Gauge v14 / Wind Gauge v27
Outdoor module has updated on it's own to V53
Last edited by RetiredSteelWorker on 31 May 2023, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
mhaga

Post by mhaga »

Hi,
These update procedures are not easy to understand and the version information is also inaccurate or there is a typo...
I have now gotten what I think is the latest firmware on both my stations, one v2 and one v3, and also all mye external modules are eventually upgraded.
It took about two weeks from the main station was upgraded to all the external sensors was. Everything went by itself, but we have to be patient...
My stations was upgraded directly from v181 to v200. By this upgrade the additional modules was not upgraded. Then after just a few weeks I got v201 and after another 2 weeks everything was good. I did not have to do anything besides waiting, which is fine as long as everything is also working. For me it did...

Both man stations are now at v201. All outdoor modules at v53. All additional indoor modules v53.

Forum here still states that v200 is the latest, but I suspect this is just a typo. Would be good to know anyways, imho, so can we please ask to have it confirmed?

My conclusion is that we have to be patient. Not my strongest side, but anyways.
It would also be much appreciated if Netatmo could post updated and correct information with regards to latest versions.
Also if a version is withdrawn, could be interesting for some of us. I suspect v190 was.
Always good the know what to expect.

BR
/mhaga

Return to “General questions”