outdoor module battery consumption went crazy

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
solick

outdoor module battery consumption went crazy

Post by solick »

Hi,

i´m using the netatmo weather station since more than 1,5 years. Since a couple of months, the battery lifetime of the outdoor module gets shorter and shorter. Meanwhile, i need to substitute the batteries for the outdoor module nearly every week.

Is this a known bug or a sign that my outdoor module has a general failure? At the beginning, i only needed to substitute the batteries after one or two month, depending on outside temperature.

KR Solick
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: outdoor module battery consumption went crazy

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello,
Even one or two months is not a normal lifetime for batteries in the outdoor module! It is guaranteed for at least one year.
Please contact us (support.netatmo.com), and we'll find a solution.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
solick

Post by solick »

Thanks. I contacted the support. 1 year outside is not realistic from my point of view because of the temperature differences and their impact on the battery. Did you manage to test with one battery pack 1 year lifetime from -5 up to 35°C ?
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Yes, these temperatures are quite normal in France, I've got exactly the same range at home for example (-4.8°C/34.8°C in 2014, -2.2°C/37.7°C in 2015). My personal outdoor module has the same battery pack for almost 2 years, and the application still reports half battery available.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
solick

Post by solick »

Ok than my outdook module has a problem right from the beginning. Are you able to see the information at my profile? Is there a history for the battery state for the modules saved?
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello,
No, this is not an information that is logged. Anyway, please contact us at support.netatmo.com, we will repair your module.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
JanMetDePet

Post by JanMetDePet »

Just a thought:

I have the same "problem" here (recharchable batteries last about 1 month): isn't the distance a factor? Min has only a weak wifi signal.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hello,
The distance is a factor, of course. But the battery should never last less than a year. Contact us at support and we'll fix this problem.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
solick

Post by solick »

Distance at my case os less than 4 m with a window lign of sight in between. This can´t be the problem in my case.
solick

Post by solick »

I´ve send the module to france, the support have send it back with comment, that they replaced several parts. Hope the battery now lasts longer.

Return to “General questions”